NAVY & COAST
(OFFICER & ENLISTED)
Who are our Navy & USCG Wounded Warriors?
For more than 12 years, Navy Safe Harbor Foundation has filled 100% of the requests submitted by Navy Wounded Warrior. Today we are proud to say we have never turned down a request and we have given more than $1 million dollars to those in need. With your help we intend to continue to meet the needs of our Navy and Coast Guard Wounded Warriors.
* NSHF provides direct support and partners with other focused non-profits.
An enrollee’s need is verified by Navy Wounded Warrior Staff, and the request for support is then submitted to NSHF. Appropriate assistance is promptly provided, alleviating the stressors that can negatively impact recovery and rehabilitation.
* Foundation exists to serve a unique and underserved population while filling a critical gap not supported by government or private sector.
* Established in 2009, Navy Safe Harbor Foundation (NSHF) , a 501(c)3 charity – EIN number (Tax ID# 26-2884367),works with Navy Wounded Warrior (NWW) (https://www.navywoundedwarrior.com/) to support wounded, ill, and injured Navy and Coast Guard Sailors, their families, and caregivers.
NSHF assists with non-medical resources not available through government funding. The assistance is designed to optimize the success of the warrior’s recovery and rehabilitation. NSHF aims to ensure that every enrolled warrior is given an opportunity for full recovery.
Types of assistance includes but is not limited to:
* Direct Support– living expenses, unexpected travel costs, childcare, and housing modifications.
* Adaptive Athletics– travel, accommodations, and meals for participation in the adaptive athletics program.
* Caregiver Reset Program– respite, resources, and peer-to-peer support for caregivers of enrollees.
Navy Safe Harbor Foundation is a non-governmental 501(c)3 non-profit organization solely dedicated to supporting seriously wounded, ill, and injured Navy and Coast Guard Sailors. We provide resources not available through government avenues. We are fortunate to have the support of families, friends, military members, and the community.
You can do your part to help the seriously wounded, ill, and injured Sailors and their families by volunteering and participating in a fundraising event, or making a donation. Your support makes a difference and is greatly appreciated!
YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE!
NSHF is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that relies on donations to carry out our mission. Providing hope is our purpose. Please consider helping us as we aim to ensure that every service member is given an opportunity for full recovery after a serious injury or illness.
This site uses functional cookies and external scripts to improve your experience.